Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm Wealthy! Yes!!!! Praise God!

Life gives us many gifts and very often those gifts are sporadic, quite unexpected, and more than likely to be blessings from God. Because of those blessings, I feel as though I live a wealthy life. No, I am most definitely not "rich" by worldly means...in fact, I live at an income level that shocks most people. I am always looking forward to the days when my situation is "better" by the worldly stance, but looking around at my life now, I feel that I am, again, very wealthy. 

My life is far from glamorous and I wouldn't ever want a super glamorous life. It sounds like it would be extra work to keep it that way! =D And that's NOT fun! I am in my bedroom typing this from my four-year-old laptop, feeling so very blessed at the prospects God reminds me of...the gifts He has given to me and asks me to use. I think of all the material things I have and nothing compares to the riches of His kingdom! I may not have a car or a very big home; I may not even have a lot of money or even nice furniture, but I certainly do have His spirit dwelling inside me, and I wouldn't trade that for all the gold and diamonds on this planet! I know that I have more things than most other people in this world, and yet, with the materialistic society we live in, I am reminded by the world that I don't have enough--I don't offer enough--I am just not enough!

And that makes me even happier.

I thank God for the truth! The truth is that even if I were enough for the world and had all these things, I really wouldn't be living a good life anyway! My life would be wasted trying to keep ahead of my neighbors, competing for the very best of the best, never having a moment of fun. What a sad and boring life that would be! 

1 Tim 6:6-8 says: "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."


What's more, is that there are things far more important to me than televisions and cars: they are the wonderful people who saturate my life with interesting days and loving moments. They are the people who make my life worth living. I say, let the televisions stay off and the ...yes, even computers ..*ahem, this is my downfall...hahah* stay hibernating, and let us enjoy one another, in real time, no pixels and signals between us. 
Yes, you can definitely read my blog before turning off your computer! =D That would make my day! 

I wanted to share with you a few pictures of my daily reminders to keep CONTENT in the things I am given:

Even though it's super blurry, and you probably
cannot read it, this is a collage poster I painted
a few years ago as a reminder to always be
ME!


This hangs on my wall and it says:
"With God all things are possible"
~Matthew 19:26.

A reminder to always remember that
I am very blessed!

And when they fail, I have a selfless
little poochie here named Dazie
whose cuteness always shows love!

And a picture of my little sister and I when we were ...little.
This photo is so precious to me!

So I hope you all are encouraged to find the wealth in your life, and contentment with your blessings! Don't ever let the world tell you that you don't have enough because the truth is that you actually have so much more!

Buckets of blessings,

Your Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...