Thursday, October 6, 2011

Deep Dreams Resurfacing

I have found it hard to find inspiration to write lately, which is sad because I normally feel inspired from most anything--trees, dancing, singing, lime green colors...anything. So my latest writing slump has been quite hard on me, brewing in the back of my mind like old coffee, and let's just face that fact, old coffee isn't very yummy.

Today I feel inspired by dreams. If you truly know me, then you'll know how much my dreams mean to me, and that I am constantly dreaming, imagining the amazing things I want to do someday. The things I will see, taste, touch, hear... That alone is inspiring to me. 

Since I was little, I have always wanted to live in New York City. It always seemed like such a magical mecca where dreams come true and inspiration is surely plentiful. I know that this dream is shared by many other young hopefuls out there. I know that now is not the time to be there, but I know if God wills it to happen, it will. I know that traveling is definitely part of my future because God placed it in my heart. I want to see His amazing world, the very thing that He treasures: all the wonderful people who exist that I could learn about. There is an innate passion in my heart to move with the wind, touching lives and spreading His love and peace. I want so dearly to go to Africa and pray with the women who are so severely abused and taught from birth that they are worthless. I want them to know that they are worthy and that they are loved. I want them to know human compassion, and the compassion of our Lord.

There is no feeling worse in this whole world than feeling unloved. I know how it feels to think that way and my heart resonates with compassion to want to change that. To rock the world. Why not? I dream big. That's the only way that I have known to dream. 

In the past six or so months, I have become complacent with my life. It allows God to move greatly, yes, but I got at a standstill where all my big dreams on on the back burner and smaller ones are becoming more and more prevalent. These small, insignificant dreams are lovely, but my heart isn't in them as deeply as the larger, more elaborate dreams. 

I never wanted a simple life.

Life has to be exciting and simply put, having a mediocre job, and doing the same things throughout the years would greatly bore me. I would not be fulfilled. I would be wasting the gifts that God gave me, and that would be more than just disappointing to me. It would be devastating. 

Today, as I write, I am trying to convey a message to you all that no matter where you are in your life, whether or not you have accomplished all your dreams, that you CANNOT be complacent and abandon all your hopes for the future. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. They are to prosper you and not to harm you, but to bring you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11). 

So if you feel hopeless, don't. We have an amazing God and He says that we can do all things through Him. 
Be inspired. Find something that you find words or encouragement through. Go on a walk. Write in a journal. Paint. Watch a movie. Something to spur your creative juices!

All I did was dance like a fool...it was fun!

Doin' the moonwalk in socks,

your Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...