Monday, January 17, 2011

Dominatrix Art

Okay, so I know I promised that I was going to post this yesterday, but I got sidetracked with another video project. With this new video schedule, I'm put to the test with time. I may rethink some of the scheduling due to having a busy school schedule and homework. I really do not want to spread myself too thin. However, for now, keep referring to my previous entry until further notice.

I got some amazing feedback on the Dominatrix look...I was inspired by the photo on the left, which was sent to me by a friend, requesting a tutorial on this look. I did change a few things about it, to fit my face & eye shapes, as well as give it more of an Emalyce touch. =)

Because I do explain most of my techniques in my video, I will not ramble on about how I applied which color with which brush. I'm sure a lot of you can either figure that out, or else just shoot me an email. =)  (products used in the video will be listed at the very bottom of this post).

The appeal in this eye make-up look is so very high. I love editorial make-up--the kind you see on high-end make-up posters and advertisements. Not only are they fun, but they show the true art that exists in the make-up world. This eye look, being edgy and fierce, opened up a persona for me that was both daring and individualized by my desire to be different--unique.

What I hope comes from this look and the character I developed, is that I further explore editorial make-up, using new techniques, expressing the art that my muses so desperately seek to draw out...I'm an artist, but very unexperienced and untrained. I only use the skills I have, just hoping to make it look uniquely my own.

I plan to further explore the likelihood of expanding out with the editorial things a little more in the future...but for now, here's some happy super editorialized photographs and high fashion make-up. I've begun ending every video with the phrase: "Be electric," because that's who we should be--electric and bold in ourselves.











Products Used in Eye,Dominatrix

Primer
Urban Decay Primer Potion

Outline
Wet 'N Wild Kohl eyeliner pencil in Black

Base Color
Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack

Mixing Medium for Foiling Technique
Mac Fix+ Fixing Spray

Blue Shadow
Profusion shimmer palette--medium blue

 Black Shadow Stick
Wet 'N Wild MegaEyes Creme Shadow in Graphite

Highlight Shadow & Gold 
Giovi palette: off white and lightest gold

Base Eye Liner
Wet 'N Wild Kohl eyeliner pencil in Black

Intense Liner
Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack

Eyebrows
Revlon Dark Brown Eyebrow shadow
 
Mascara
Benefit Bad Gal Lash in Black

Facial Highlighting
Benefit High Beam

RED LIPS:
Jordana Retractable Red Liner
Wet 'N Wild MegaLips in Cherry Blossom
Pink Shimmer: Shimmery Salmon color from Giovi eyeshadow palette


PINK LIPS:
Mac LipGlass Pencil in Rosebound
No. 7 Lip Glace in Caramel



Have a fantastic, electric day!
Statically yours,

Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...