Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lights Camera...Bellezza!

I have some updates for you, my chickadees! 

I am so very excited to share with you that as of this moment, I have have gained another seven (7!!) subscribers to my YouTube channel. For those of you who are not very familiar with how this works, subscriptions are free, and basically show support to my channel. I am not making money through YouTube through its Partner program with Google Adsense, and I won't. I do not want the basis of my video content to be inspired by the possibility of making money for each video posted. There is no control over which ads are placed, and many of them are for sites that I would never promote anyway. However, if other opportunities present themselves to me, I will consider them and update you all at that time. For now, I am using YouTube as a way to express my artistic endeavors, as well as it providing a visual presentation of my portfolio and skills using myself as the model. Obviously I have other content besides the make-up and beauty, and that is partly due to expressing art through my videography skills, as well as broadening my interests up.

This year, one of my biggest goals was to pursue my efforts in the makeup artistry profession. I need clients so I can actually make money from it. I so far haven't charged for any of my work, and most of that was because I wanted to build a small photographic portfolio, and as a practice run for me to work on others and see if it was something I really wanted to invest my time and energy into... 

Here are the results.
I know I have spoken about wanting to get certified through Kandee Johnson and her Glaminar tours, but due to some financial difficulties, I was not able to attend and gain the certification through her. At this time, there is another tour with certifying classes coming up, however, the cost is significantly more than the Glaminar...but for good reasons. I actually receive nearly $2,000 worth of products to start my artistry business with...without the price tag. At this particular moment, I have no idea if I will be able to afford to go, but it is worth a shot. If they come to Seattle, it would be the most inexpensive way to go about it, as there will be no traveling costs except for the ferry on the way back home. So keep me in your prayers for this, please! =)


In the meantime, regardless of the certification, I still want to go forth with this dream and make it reality. I've been thinking about how to build this clientele base, and I've been talking about having make-up classes for three months now, for which I've received some great feedback. It has also been suggested to me that I should put together some make-up parties to get the word out there...Well.....


I have a better idea! It's a party. It's a class. It's a show...a fun and exciting one!


Lights. Cameras. and Bellezza.... hehe

It involves a lot of people, a lot of work, and a lot of creativity. I know this very vague right now, but there are so many details to work out, so for now, I don't want to give them out in case they need to change! 

But stay tuned in because I am going to take you all along for this ride! I am going to have my Dreams Series kick off video soon, and this will talk more about achieving goals. Don't worry--it won't be boring. 

So what are your big dreams? Share them with me! 
  
You can do anything because we have the Power in us that says we can through Him! Remember that you are a star... and you can shine very bright if you let your inner light shine. =)

Many starry lights and glamour,

Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...