Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rainbows and Deep Peace

Yesterday I spoke about keeping your spirit healthy and how to accomplish just that. In that lengthy post, I explained the importance of exercising your spirit as you would make sure a child or pet gets plenty of exercise. The type of exercising that I find the most uplifting and helpful is through meditation and prayer. Here, I am providing you with a few different meditations and exercises that will not only train you to focus on the big picture, but also help you in your day-to-day life. And, yes, these are exercises that you can do at your desk, on the bus, in your car at the stoplight...and no, they will not put you on the spot...except for maybe the smile that you have after you get through that little bump in your day. =)

Prayers

While driving, it's easy to just turn the radio on or jam out to the wonderful i-pod and its nifty little adapter. This is the perfect time to clear your mind and focus some of your thoughts (not all for the hope of safety while driving) but to be able to let go and feel peaceful.

Sometimes when I was going through a particularly rough patch in my day, I would take out my frustrations and start talking to God about what was making me feel all sorts of irritable and upset. I asked for relief and peace in my day, for the Spirit to move in
my words
my voice
my thoughts
my feet
my heart
and in my smile

so that whatever was afflicting me wouldn't be passed along to others. Maybe that's what you need to do. 

Close your eyes if you can and take a deep breath and say out loud, "I know I cannot control chaos, but I can control my attitude. From this moment on, I release myself unto Your Spirit, God, and ask You to move on my day to make it more positive. Use my words, my voice, my thoughts, my feet, my heart, and my smile to make this day better and be a light to others."

That's it. Sometimes it doesn't work right away, but you have to make the decision to let go. Using this little prayer, you can change your attitude around and things can look a lot better. I do this almost every day so that I can be in the right spirit and not let that FROUFROU consume me!
Another thing I like to keep in mind is, "I seek Deep peace of the quiet earth." In the moments you have to yourself, close your eyes, turn off your phone or any other distracting device and focus on your spirit and your heart. In a quiet voice, whisper to yourself these words and feel uplifted. Think about the love and passion you have in the different areas of your life and think of inspiring things to feel uplifted. Not only will this help your spirit, this will help you focus your energy on what is important to your well-being.
Meditations

I purchased a book called Live Well with One Spirit: Exercises and Meditations to Free Your Spirit and Fulfill Your Dreams. The link for it is posted through Amazon. 

This book is filled with many different exercises that I find useful and so very uplifting and peaceful. It is broken up into different sections depending on what you're looking for... from inspiration for the mind, to inspiration for the spirit. I am going to post one of the meditations from Chapter 5, Inspiring the Spirit in hopes that it will help you too.

The Rainbow

In times of difficulty, look to the heavens to lift your spirits. Picture a rainbow and ponder how something so beautiful could emerge from a dark and violent storm. Meditate on each of the rainbow's colors, then let the spectrum dissolve into a beam of pure white light. Reflect on the oneness this signifies, and feel the                   healing power of spiritual harmony filling you with peace. (page 209).


A rainbow signifies the peace after the storm and the promises of God--of peace and glory.
Ezekiel 1:28 says, "Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking."  
 
It is raining where I live today, but I know that a rainbow is there somewhere, smiling at me with a beautiful array of colors. I hope that where ever you are in your day, you have bright and colorful rainbows to smile at you and I pray that you have the deep peace in your hearts AND spirits. 

Deep peace,

Emmy

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post :)
    jjbeautysecrets.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope it is helpful and that it's as practical as I planned it to be.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...